Saturday, September 24, 2011

In Memory of Jim Henson on His 75th Birthday

If you're not using Google Chrome, you're missing out on having fun today.  To the left is the Google Doodle that appears on the main page of the browser in honor of Jim Henson's birthday.  The doodle is interactive and took me completely by surprise a couple of times.  I'm still laughing!

I was just out of high school when Sesame Street premiered, so I missed a lot of the early Henson work.  By the time my first daughter was old enough to grasp TV, she not only watched Sesame Street, but she fell in love with Fraggle Rock.  So did I.  And now I've introduced it to my grandkids, who love it, too.

Instead of including a video, I'd rather leave this link to a fellow author's blog, where you'll find two very special videos she chose to honor Jim Henson.  I don't think Myrna Mackenzie will mind if I share. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Rox! I loved Jim Henson. Of course, Sesame Street and Fraggle Rock, but I never missed episodes of The Muppet SHow. Do you remember the movie, The Dark Crystal? I loved that show as a kid. I really miss this guy. He made a difference in our world. Thanks for sharing!