Friday, November 4, 2011

Another Halloween and Candy, Candy, Candy!

Halloween was quiet here, with very little candy around.  But when four of the grandkids arrived to show off their costumes as they ended their evening, it was evident that they'd made quite a haul.  It was tempting to ask if they'd share, but there were two reasons I didn't.  First, I don't need the candy.  Second, they earned it and deserve to enjoy every last piece...in moderation. :)
And don't they look cute and/or scary in their costumes!



Payton, age 2, as a devil.  This was her first "real" year of trick-or-treating, and she really enjoyed it, in spite of getting tired before everyone else was ready to quit.

Jaxon, age 4, as a giraffe.  He wasn't crazy about the hood, but at least it kept him warm on a chilly Halloween night.





Alexandria aka Allie, almost 9, as a Barbie rocker who looks like she's more than ready to get going.

Scarlett, almost 10, as a zombie fairy and trying her best to stay in character with that bored, dead look.

Gavin, age 7, is taller than the other two and was excited to be a ninja again.  This time he left the sword at home, so I guess he wasn't expecting trouble.


It's hard to believe that we're already talking Thanksgiving.  I'm just glad I didn't snitch any of that candy.  Although Mallory, my youngest, and I have been walking with Sabrina, my oldest, and Scarlett four or five times a week, we have enough to work off without the added calories of Halloween goodies!  Looking forward to Turkey Day, though, and all the good food it involves.

No comments: