Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Blogging is for Everyone! Or is It?

To my surprise, I've been blogging for six years.  Really.  Since late 2005, I've been sharing my opinions, right or wrong, good or bad, wanted or not wanted, in cyberspace.  I don't even know why I started or why I continue, but it's like a bad habit: Very hard to break...even when I have nothing worthwhile to say.

Blogging has been instrumental in helping along some of the changes in cyberspace.  With Facebook, My Space, Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn, Triberr, and who knows what else, the world is shrinking by the day.  No, make that by the hour.  The internet has introduced us to new people and new friends all over the world.  That's a good thing!  But it's blogging that gives the broadest canvas to users, whether bloggers or blog visitors.

No one else in my family blogs.  Or did.  My oldest daughter decided to put her toe in the water and has, in only a month, completely submerged herself in it and (not surprisingly) is enjoying it.  Hey, I was the one who suggested she take a drama class in high school, and she ended up not only getting parts in plays, but earned the job of student director her senior year.  Blogging was made for her, believe me.  Her main topic of most posts?  Make-up and shopping, hence the name of her blog--Diary of a Shopaholic.  She even posted a video she made on how to apply "smoky eyes."  I manage to post YouTube videos.  What can I say?  It's a new world out there for the newer generation.  And at her age, I was the mother of a 2-year-old and a newborn.  Her daughter is 10.



Amazingly, she isn't the only one of my "inner circle" to slide into the blogosphere.  Desire author and longtime friend Kathie DeNosky recently appeared on the scene with a brand new blog.  Kathie has just started blogging and loves to give away books, so don't miss visiting her at Kathie's World.



 And then there's friend and author Kristi Gold's new blog, where you'll discover how magical she is with words.  Within minutes, she'll have you smiling, if not laughing out loud, as she looks at life with her special brand of humor.  But it doesn't stop there.  The three of us--Kathie, Kristi and myself--will begin blogging together on Valentine's Day as the Ditz Sisters.  And if you know us, you know the "ditz" label isn't a joke. ;)  More info when the big day arrives!

I'll be adding a blog list here on the blog, so if you're a blogger, send me a link and I'll add it.  If you aren't a blogger, but you visit them, be sure to occasionally leave a comment to let the person blogging know that you've been there.  Sometimes it seems pretty lonely out there.

Friendship isn't a big thing - it's a million little things. ~ Author Unknown

No comments: